Movie Theaters | The Best Theaters
Best Public LA Movie Theaters
A completely arbitrary and subjective list.
Best Crowds For Opening Weekend Action Flicks
A completely arbitrary and subjective list which assumes you like a somewhat rowdy crowd.
Best Theaters To See The Oldies But Goodies
Oddly, this looks much like the Revival Theater list.
Best Semi-Public LA Movie Theaters
A completely arbitrary and subjective list; I've not been in all that many yet. When you get the opportunity to visit one of these theaters, by all means do. I'll try to post review comments when I can.
- Goldwyn Theater at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills.
- The DGA Theater in West Hollywood.
- The Paramount Theater in Hollywood on the Paramount lot.
- The Hitchcock Theater on the Universal Studios lot.
- The WGA Theater in Beverly Hills.
Best Theaters To Find If You're Travelling
I'm gonna need some help here, and as this site is sold only for SoCal folks, I doubt many locals from elsewhere will have many suggestions. Hit the mailto link at the bottom and let me know what you know. I hope to eventually have notes and addresses and reviews of the theaters listed here, but at least a name can help you poke around.
- Cineplex Odeon Uptown Theater, Connecticut Av NW, Washington DC
- Neptune Theater, U-District, Seattle
- Egyptian Theater, First Hill, Seattle
- Music Box, Chicago
- Castro, San Francisco