New & Different at MovievilleOngoing
- Most Fridays I list my "Write This Down" picks on the directory page;
I don't bother to note that here.
Max takes care of When Reviews Attack! on his own, so sometimes he's got reviews newer than my listed update date. Drop by his site and check! (site closed)
- Changed all signature links to the directory to our new URL - movieville.com!
Note that since I can't afford a new account right now, it's a forward to the www.wafflelight.com/movieville address, but it means that:
- nobody else can take it before I CAN afford a new account,
- you can get here fast from a machine without a bookmark for the wafflelight address (just type "movieville" or "movieville.com" and you're there!),
- you can tell your friends to go visit "movieville.com"
instead of "if you search yahoo for 'movieville' you'll find it..."
By the way, you'll never need to change bookmarks -- I own both movieville and wafflelight, and I have access to my htaccess file to make true redirects. But if you want to, you can replace www.wafflelight.com/movieville/ with www.movieville.com/ and it'll work -- even if you have a directory or filename after that. (Do leave the www. there though -- right now it works either way, but it won't always be that way.)
- Huge update to the main LA theaters page - added new theaters and listed expanded screen counts at a few others, changed all 323 area codes, made changes to chain affiliations where necessary, listed chains for most theaters so you can find the right ad in the paper, and added MoviePhone (310/213-FILM) theater express codes for all the theaters I could find.
- Split off the old "what's new" items - see the bottom for the link.
- Changed the film strip graphic, to make it a bit more colorful. Whoopie. If anyone has a really cool font (for the Mac) to use for the text on the film strip, let me know. (And several weeks ago I added the background to the navbar. Double whoopie.)
For older items, check What's New from January to June 1998.